This invitation only Ministerial Summit is exclusive for Government Delegates, including Ministers of Health, Ministers of Tourism, Economic Development, Trade Commissioners, Health Attaches, and Consul Generals, from all over the world.
10:00 – 10:05 Welcome
10:05 – 10:20 Opening Remarks - Jonathan Edelheit, Chairman and Co-Founder Medical Tourism Association
10:20 – 10:30 Keynote Speaker – H.E. Saif Saeed Ghobash Undersecretary Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi
10:30 – 10:35 Break for Chairman and Undersecretary to leave
10:35 – 11:00 Keynote Speaker – Dr. David Karow – President & Chief of Radiogenomics – Human Longevity, Inc.
11:00 – 11:30 Fireside Chat – The Future of Medical Tourism and Population Health Management
- Jonathan Edelheit, Chairman and Co-Founder Medical Tourism Association
- H.E. Dr. Saad Fayez Jaber, Minister of Health, Ministry of Health, Jordan
- Chua Eng Heng - Tourism Product Development Director - Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi
- Dr. Mariam Al-Jalahma, Chief Executive Officer, National Health Regulatory Authority, Bahrain
11:30 - 12:00 Open Roundtable Discussion
The agenda shall include several topics related to the following sectors; medical tourism, population health management, wellness travel and destination development and developing Healthcare Cities and Centers of Excellence:
- With International tourists reaching 1.2 billion in 2016, and expected to rise to 1.8 billion by 2030, How can we ensure the sustainable development and management of medical tourism initiatives align with population health management strategies?
- What public policies and strategies are currently in place or need to be encouraged for growth of medical and wellness travel?
- How to foster the dialogue between the health and tourism communities to strengthen effective engagement and coordination?
- How to address the public perception of medical tourism as “private sector initiatives”?
- What is the role of the public sector. What steps should be achieved to build public/private sector partnerships to promote medical tourism and wellness travel as a sustainable development goal?