Medical travel is a growing industry yet one that is currently underserved. There is little data regarding healthcare outcomes and patient experience, and oftentimes a lack of understanding by healthcare providers respecting the unique needs and expectations of medical travelers.
The Global Healthcare Accreditation Symposium will bring together key industry thought-leaders to discuss how accreditation can enhance patient experience, mitigate risk and improve an organization’s operational performance.
Speakers will include:
- Ms. Karen Timmons, Chief Executive Officer, Global Healthcare Accreditation. Moderator
- Mr. John Sweeney, Chief Executive Officer, Health Care Informed (HCI). Topic: An introduction to Accreditation and the Impact on the Quality of Healthcare Services
- Karthik Sarma, Member, Board of Trustees – American Medical Association. Topic: AMA Ethical Guidance on Medical Tourism and Best Practices.
- Daniel Ober, Chief Medical Officer, CIGNA. Topic: Destination Medicine and the Role of Insurance Companies in Facilitating High-quality Clinical Outcomes and Patient Experience
- Dr. Nizar Zein, Chairman Global Patient Services, Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. Topic: Quality, Safety and Patient Experience for International Patients.
- Dr. Amr Fahmy, Head of Quality Management and Patient Safety at Prince Sultan Cardiac Center Al Hassa, Saudi Arabia. Topic: Case study or perspective on the impact of GHA on the medical travel program
- Dr. Vanessa Felix, Chief Medical Officer, Clinica Santa Clarita, Mexico. Topic: How the GHA Medical Travel Care Continuum is Impacting the Patient Experience for New Target Markets.”
Who should attend?
- Hospital CEO’s, CMO’s COO’s, CFO’s, and Department Heads
- Key staff responsible for the medical travel or global patient services program
- Government representatives, Insurers, employers, medical travel facilitators and others interested in understanding how accreditation can impact patient experience and healthcare outcomes.